Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy
Chiropractors located in Bowie, MD
An injury can leave you out of commission for weeks or even months, and the healing process can be slow. At Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy in Bowie, Maryland, Diane Taber, DC and Ted Taber, DC use cutting-edge physical therapy techniques to reduce pain and speed up the healing process. To learn how you can get back into action without drugs or surgery, book your appointment over the phone or online today.301-352-4500
Physical Therapy Q & A
What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy is a non-invasive method of helping injured or ill people regain or restore movement and manage pain. Exercise, heat treatment, and massage are part of a typical physical therapy regimen. Physical therapy is one piece of an integrated treatment plan for people with acute or chronic pain in any part of their bodies.
After an injury, you may be hesitant to go back to your favorite activities. The body naturally restricts movement to protect the injured tissue, often causing muscle weakness and limited mobility. The Drs. Taber closely monitor your healing process to determine when it’s safe for you to begin physical movement and corrective exercises as part of your physical therapy treatment plan.
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a manual, hands-on approach to physical therapy designed to promote healing, improve mobility, reduce scar tissue, and manage pain. The Drs. Taber use many different physiotherapies to treat men and women with pain and inflammation caused by injury or disease, including:
- Cryotherapy: reduces pain and encourages recovery from injury
- Interferential electrical muscle stimulation: relieves pain and promotes soft tissue healing
- Mechanical traction: creates space in the back, taking pressure off soft tissues
- Microamperage neural stimulation: quickly relieves symptoms and promotes healing
- Moist heat stimulation: helps to heal injured muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Ultrasound: increases blood flow to the muscles, reducing spasms
Is physical therapy right for me?
Choosing the right kind of therapy after an illness or injury is crucial to your recovery. Without the most advanced and effective treatment, your healing, recovery, and mobility may be compromised.
Physical therapy is beneficial for many men and women because:
- It eliminates or reduces pain
- It helps patients avoid surgery
- It helps patients manage age-related conditions
- It improves balance
- It improves mobility
- It offers drug-free relief
Dr. D and Dr. T know that no two people are alike - and neither are their symptoms. At Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy Center, care is personalized and continually evolving as your needs change.
The Drs. Taber complement chiropractic care with physical therapy and lifestyle counseling for lasting relief without medication or surgery. To take the first step to reclaiming your health and well-being, call or book your chiropractic consultation online today.