If you have been injured in an auto accident, it is likely that you have a lot of questions about treatment options. Whether you are suffering from whiplash or another auto accident injury, it is important to seek treatment. At Taber Chiropractic in Bowie, MD, our chiropractor provides a range of natural treatment methods for auto accident injuries. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about auto accident injuries.
What Is Whiplash?
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries after an auto accident. Whiplash occurs when the neck snaps forward and backward. It often comes with symptoms like dizziness, headaches, and neck pain. Our chiropractor can provide long-term treatment for this condition with a customized treatment plan that includes chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, and other techniques.
What Injuries Can Our Chiropractor Treat?
Our chiropractor can treat a variety of auto accident injuries. We can provide answers even when symptoms do not emerge for days and weeks after the accident.
Our chiropractor provides treatment for:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Joint injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Poor mobility
- Muscle tension
- Headaches and migraines
How Is Chiropractic Care Beneficial?
There are many benefits to chiropractic care after an auto accident. For one, you will have access to pain relief without taking pain medications if you do not want them. When you choose chiropractic care, you will see how the body can heal naturally with a little assistance.
Additionally, chiropractic care can reduce pain without surgery. This reduces your recovery time and need for pain medication.
What Treatment Options Can Help?
After an auto accident, you have several treatment options available.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Manual adjustments can help correct the alignment of your spine. This will alleviate tension and pressure in the back, neck, and other areas of the body.
- MLS Laser therapy: This top-of-the-line laser decreases pain, inflammation, and edema through light energy. It is non painful with little to no side effects. Taber Chiropractic and Laser Spine Therapy Center is one of the few practitioners in the region with the MLS laser. It is a class IV laser that does not heat the tissues. It’s in a class all to it’s own.
- Spinal Decompression (SD): is best for those cases where traction is pain relieving. Disc injuries respond particularly well, however, SD often provides superior pain relief for other spinal conditions as well.
- Physical therapy: Our chiropractor will give you core exercises and stretches to improve your flexibility, mobility, and range of motion.
- Muscle stimulation: Stimulation of the muscles with a small device will ease pain and reduce muscle spasm.
Our chiropractor will provide you with more information about treatment options customized for your injuries and wellness goals.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Bowie, MD for Auto Injury Treatment
At Taber Chiropractic in Bowie, MD, we offer non-invasive techniques you can use to see results after an auto accident injury. We are happy to answer any other questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment.