Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy
Chiropractors located in Bowie, MD
Small problems with the discs or nerves in the neck can lead to significant problems. Neck pain often travels into other parts of the body, causing pain, numbness, and stiffness that impairs movement. Bending, turning, or lifting the head can be a pain in the neck. Chiropractors Diane Taber, DC and Ted Taber, DC founded Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy Center to give patients relief without drugs or surgery. Book your appointment online or over the phone today to take the first step toward a pain-free life.(301) 352-4500
Neck Pain Q & A
What causes neck pain?
The cervical spine, or C-spine, is the part of the body commonly referred to as the neck. It is made up of seven vertebrae connected by small articulated joints and cushioned by fluid-filled sacs. The cervical spine is the most exposed and fragile part of the human spinal column, making it more prone to injury and alignment problems.
Neck pain is commonly caused by:
- Disease: Arthritis, meningitis, and other diseases.
- Injury: Slips, trips, and falls damage soft tissue.
- Muscle strain: Overuse or poor posture strain neck muscles.
- Nerve compression: Herniated discs cause painful nerve compression.
- Joint wear and tear: Age or disease deteriorate cartilage between bones.
Can I prevent neck pain?
Though some conditions that cause neck pain are not preventable, they are highly treatable with different chiropractic therapies. For many people, simply being more mindful of posture and movement prevents or relieves neck pain. To encourage ideal cervical spine function and mobility:
- Practice good posture: Shoulder and hips should be in a straight line when standing or sitting; ears stay directly over shoulders.
- Take a break: After long hours behind the wheel or the computer, take a break to stretch and walk around.
- Travel light: Heavy bags throw the spine out of alignment. Keep backpacks and purses as lightweight as possible.
- Sleep smart: As with sitting and standing, the head should be in line with the body while sleeping. Choose a pillow that doesn’t raise or lower the head out of alignment.
How is neck pain treated?
Dr. D and Dr. T believe a drug-free, non-surgical approach for treating pain throughout the body is best for their patients. Every person with neck pain has a personalized, integrated treatment plan that may include:
- Chiropractic adjustment: Gentle and precise manipulations to correct cervical spine alignment
- Impulse iQⓇ Pinpoint adjustment of neck vertebrae using a handheld device
- Lifestyle counseling: Suggestions on ways to improve neck health and reduce pain
- Physiotherapy: Strengthening the neck to better support the head and heal injured tissue
- Spinal Rehab: Correcting alignment issues in the lower body to minimize problems in the neck and upper back
The Drs. Taber believe long-term relief from acute and chronic neck pain is possible with holistic treatment. Chiropractic care, combined with spinal rehabilitation and lifestyle modification, helps you regain your health and well-being. To learn how you can become free of neck pain, book your appointment with Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy Center online or over the phone today.