Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy
Chiropractors located in Bowie, MD
Back pain is a widespread condition, affecting eight out of every ten men and women. Even mild back pain can make sitting or standing difficult, and chronic back pain can be debilitating. At Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy Center in Bowie, Maryland, Diane Taber, DC and Ted Taber, DC use an integrated approach to spine care. They combine chiropractic care with laser therapy, physical therapy, and lifestyle counseling for maximum pain relief and improved mobility. Book your back pain consultation online or over the phone today.(301) 352-4500
Back Pain Q & A
What causes back pain?
Back pain is a complex condition to treat because it has many possible causes. It can be a dull lingering ache or a sudden, sharp pain in the upper, mid, or lower back. Back pain often impairs mobility and flexibility, making everyday tasks difficult.
Certain risk factors increase your risk of back pain:
- Age: Over the age of 30, back pain risk increases with age.
- Disease: Certain diseases contribute to back pain.
- Physical fitness: Weak muscles provide little back support.
- Weight: Extra pounds add stress to your spine.
Other common causes of back pain include:
- Injuries that damage joints, discs, or muscles
- Joint conditions including arthritis
- Ruptured or bulging discs
- Skeletal conditions like scoliosis
- Strains of the back ligaments or muscles
How can I prevent back pain?
Back pain caused by disease or injury -- once you suffer them -- is unpreventable. But there are some ways to ease your symptoms or reduce your risk of future back pain.
- Exercise often: Exercise strengthens the muscles that support your back and improves function and flexibility.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Keeping off the extra pounds reduces stress on your back joints and muscles.
- Use good mechanics: Good posture and smart bending prevent strains that cause pain and discomfort.
Because back pain is such a common condition, there are countless products on the market promising back pain relief. Some offer temporary relief of minor aches and pains, but for real improvement, nothing is a substitute for chiropractic care with the Drs. Taber.
How is back pain treated?
For nearly two decades, Dr. D and Dr. T have been treating men and women with upper back pain, mid back pain, and lower back pain without drugs or surgery. The Drs. Taber use X-rays, ultrasound, and other diagnostic tools to find the precise cause of your back pain. Next, they create your personalized treatment plan that may include:
- Chiropractic therapy: Gentle manual or impulse adjustments to correct alignment
- Exercises: Movements that strengthen your core and stabilize your back
- Electric muscle stimulation: Decreases muscle tension that may be causing pain
- Lifestyle counseling: Suggestions for small changes you can make every day to reduce pain
- Orthotics: Devices to support healthy posture
- Physiotherapy: Techniques to restore range of motion and mobility
The Taber Chiropractic & Laser Spine Therapy Center team believes that drug-free, non-invasive modalities can be as effective as surgery without the unnecessary risk. Call or go online to book your back pain consultation today.