How Orthotics help with Plantar Fasciitis
When your feet hurt, it is hard to really enjoy life. If you suffer from the pain and limitations of plantar fasciitis, however, your Bowie area chiropractor has good news. Custom orthotics can help improve your quality of life as part of a comprehensive chiropractic wellness program. Plantar Fasciitis is inflammation of the thick tissue band that supports your foot arch and connects your heel to your toes, along the sole of your foot. Plantar fasciitis upsets the balance and weight distribution on the foot. This condition can make you more vulnerable to pain and misalignment in other parts of the body, including your back, hips, knees and ankles.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
- Pain and stiffness during your first steps of the morning.
- Foot pain when you rise after sitting for a long period.
- Pain while taking the stairs.
- Heel pain when you stand for a long period.
- Pain fades once you've taken several steps.
- Your foot pain may return, and worsen, later in the day.
- Pain may also be felt in the leg muscles and spine.
- Foot pain when you're in bed may mean arthritis or TTS (tarsal tunnel syndrome), instead of plantar fasciitis.
How are Orthotics Fitted at Our Bowie Chiropractor?
At our chiropractic clinic, we will conduct a spinal screening, discuss your symptoms, evaluate your posture and biomechanics while observing your walking gait to identify any musculoskeletal or balance problem. If our chiropractor believes you will benefit from custom orthotics, we will take impressions of the shape and contours of your foot. The impressions will be used to make customized orthotics that will fit many different types of shoes.
What will Orthotics Do to Help My Condition?
Our custom-made orthotics are shoe inserts that provide support and shock absorption to help eliminate foot pain. In addition, orthotics from your chiropractor will help bring your body into proper alignment, while improving balance and function.
See Your Bowie Chiropractor for Custom Orthotics
Find out how custom chiropractic orthotics, from Taber Chiropractic in Bowie, MD, can help your plantar fasciitis condition. We also serve patients in Crofton, Green Dale, Greenbelt, Mitchellville, Upper Marlboro, and Woodmore, MD. Call us at 301-352-4500 today.